©All work is protected. Do not use without permission.
The following images are those of the artist David Foldvari. He was actually introduced to me by a peer during a group critique. What intrigues and influences me about his style is not only the topic in which he illustrates but also by how he does so. The simple use of line, combined with negative space (white) and positive space (black), is a very simple yet effective way of focusing on the subject matter. This very low-tech style combined with my subject matter (litter) will enhance the point in which I am making. That is the destruction of our empty inner city areas. I feel that the simple black on white, followed by marks and scuffs made by the hand whilst being created, embodies an essence of grime, and dirt that I really want to depict within my illustration.





No comments:

Post a Comment