©All work is protected. Do not use without permission.

David Lachapelle is also another artist in which I will take influence from for this project. What I will take away from his imagery is his excessive use of heightened contrast when focusing on the human form. I find that this focuses the viewer’s eye onto the subject and also deforms what is known to be human flesh. It turns skin into plastic and gives the form a doll like quality. This can be found in Lachapelles ‘Deluge.’ This piece is also based on a Greek Tragedy and would there for be worth referencing. Also within the artists work there is always a hint of comedy that it revealed through the images used within the final image. I will also use this technique, as the version of the Greek myth that I have been given is slightly different to that which is known and depicted in the film ‘Troy.’


No comments:

Post a Comment